Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary official name National Elephant Conservation Centre situated in Kuala Gandah Pahang about 1.5 hours driving from Kuala Lumpur. An ideal place to visit for different level age especially for tourist came with Children looking for fun and educational tour. Besides hand feeding tourist has an opportunity bathing with Baby Elephants in the rivers.
List of Activity in Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary
All the activity in Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary is part of Elephants daily exercise and training. The activity is created to build the awareness to the public about the threat that Malaysian Elephants were facing and effort taken by Malaysian Government to protect them. All the activity in Elephant Conversation Center only available once a day start at 1.00pm until 3.30pm.
The 30 minutes video presentation shows how and why the translocation process done by Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary staff.
Video Show Time
- Weekday: 1.00pm and 1.30pm
- Weekend: 12.30, 1.00 and 1.30pm
Feeding The Elephants
Before the official activity start, tourist can feed the Elephants in the enclosure. Elephants from a different level of age were kept here temporary during the activity to train juvenile Elephants to get to used with human and giving an opportunity to the visitor to feed them. After the activity, all the Elephants will be released in the reserved jungle situated in Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary. Elephants food can be purchase in the centre, and the tourist does not allow to bring outside food.
During the informative demonstration, Elephants will show some of the specific skill to assist the sanctuary staff during translocation process. Some of the skill also are used to help the Elephant during the treatment. Please do not expect any Elephants circus during your visit to center
Hand feeding Adult Elephants
During hand feeding, tourist will have an opportunity to get close and personal with the Elephants. Tourist encourages to touch and to pet the Elephants trunk. This is to create a love and to trust feeling within the Elephants and human.
Demonstration Cleaning Elephants
Cleaning the Elephants in the river is the most important element to built a strong relationship within the Mahout and Elephants. Cleaning the Elephants is a daily routine for Sanctuary staff.
Bathing with Baby Elephants
The highlight of the activity in Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary is Bathing with Elephants. The activity only limit to 100 visitors based on first come first served. Besides that tourist also required engaging a nature guide that will assist tourist during bathing activity. Standard nature guide fees RM50, additional RM10 per-person for Bathing with Elephants. Bathing activity subject to water level in the river and final decision by Malaysia Elephants Sanctuary Management
|Malaysia Elephants Sanctuary Tour Fact Sheet Summary|
|Best Day To Go||Saturday – Thursday|
|Best Time Start Tour||0900 with Batu Caves Visit|
|10.00am without Batu Caves Visit|
|Tour Duration||8 hours inclusive return trip from/to Kuala Lumpur|
|Activity Time Table||All the activity start at 13.00 – 1500 hours|
|Others Activity||Visiting Batu Caves and Kuala Gandah Deerlands|
|Opening Time||Every day except Eid Fitri and Eid Adha|
|Vehicle||SUV Toyota Innova|
|Min Pax||1 person|
|Max Pax||5 person|
|Entrance Fees Pay by Passenger|
|Bathing with Elephants||RM10 per-person|
Tips Doing Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary Tour
- Combine Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary tour with others activity such as visiting Batu Caves or visiting Royal Selangor Pewter with the stopover in Kuala Gandah Deerlands.
- Be there around 1200 noon. Tourist will have ample time to having a lunch and registration. All the activity finished at 3.30pm, expected reach Kuala Lumpur city at 5.00pm.
- No Elephants riding activity available since the October 4, 2012.
- Tourist traveling with Children that choosy about the food, they must bring own food. Restaurant in Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary has a limited menu. The fast food restaurant such KFC and McDonald are only available in the rest area situated about 70km from the Elephant Conversation Centre.
- Avoid doing Elephant tour on Friday unless you don’t have others choice because all the activity in Elephant Sanctuary start at 3.00pm.
- Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary closed on Eid Fitri and Eid Adha. Check with your local guide the best time to go there.
- Tourist must bring the towel and additional cloth if planning bathing with Elephant because you will get total drench.
- No bikini, swimming suit or Speedo type cloth allow during Bathing with Elephants activity.
Kindly use Contact Me Form if you like to hire me to do Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary Tour.
Other Interesting Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur Activity
[post_connector_show_children slug=”things-to-do-in-kuala-lumpur” link=”true” excerpt=”true”]